I know this doesn’t really have anything to do with Design or Marketing but it soooooo worth sharing. These were a huge hit at our Pi Day event. Amazingly yummy. My client/friend Vicky made them with fresh lavender from her own fields and they disappeared so fast. She was nice enough to share her recipe. She says, “If you don’t have lavender florets, you can always use 1 drop of lavender essential oil.”
The dough needs to be refrigerated for at least an hour before rolling.
• 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 Tablespoon dried lavender buds
• 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
• 1 egg
• 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2-1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
2. Stir in the lavender and lemon zest.
3. Add the egg, vanilla and salt and using the mixer again, mix briefly to combine.
4. With mixture on low speed, gradually add the flour until it is all combined.
5. Gather the dough together and pat it into a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Preheat oven ot 350°F.
6. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1/4-inch. Cut out shapes with biscuit or cookie cutters.
7. Bake the cookies until they begin to brown around the edges, about 10-15 minues.
May be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.