WE LOVE PIE! Just time for Fall, Vanessa has supplied the staff here at Pi with her perfect pumpkin pie recipe.
Make your own, or just buy store-bought in the freezer section.
2 cups Pureed Pumpkin (link to recipe)
1/4 cup Coconut sugar
1/4 cup Brown sugar
1.5 cups Coconut Milk (1 can, full fat)
1 3/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp Sea salt
1 tbsp Cornstarch or Arrowroot Powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Whip all ingredients minus eggs with whisk. Add lightly beaten eggs, and combine.
3. Poor filling into prepared pie crust in pie plate.
4. Bake in center rack for 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
5. Let pie cool for 30 minutes or until filling firms up.
Serve with a dollop of home-made whipped cream